TrigasFI Seminar Flow Measurement and Calibration
Liquids and gases
English: 19th – 21st of September 2023 in Kranzberg/Freising/Germany
German: 26th – 28th of September 2023 in Kranzberg/Freising/Germany
Seminar fee: 1.750 € (excl. VAT) per seminar and participant
Early Bird: for registration until 31st of May 2023 only 1.250 € (excl. VAT) per participant
At TrigasFI, we calibrate, adjust and program thousands of flowmeters every year. As a result, we have gained a deep and exceptional knowledge of the characteristics of many flow measurement principles. We know how best to calibrate, install and operate them for the best possible accuracy and reliability. We are happy to share this knowledge with our customers through our training courses, seminars and on-site consultations.
This seminar is aimed at interested parties in the areas of purchasing, calibration, engineering and all users of flow meters.
It is designed as a neutral, manufacturer-independent seminar. The focus is on the physical fundamentals, the operation of modern flow measurement techniques, the theory and technology of calibration as well as metrological traceability.
The speakers in this seminar are specialists from the R&D and application departments of various market leaders in the field of flow measurement technology.
Content of Seminar
- Flow Measurement Principles Liquid
- Flow Measurement Principles Gas
- Calibration and traceability
Overview of the different measuring principles
- Types of flowmeters for liquid and gas
Coriolis, PD, thermal flowmeters, MID, vortex, LFE, ultrasonic, turbine, VA, orifice,venturi….
- Selection procedure for the different flowmeters
- Applications for the different measuring technologies
- Flowmeter specification and analysis
- Uncertainty of measurement and variables influencing the measurement
Uncertainty of measurement
- Statistical methods – GUM
- Traceability, certification, accreditation, ISO17025, calibration protocol
Practical aspects of flow measurement
- Installation conditions, effects of flow profile and prior disturbances
- Viscosity, moisture and density effects
- Pressure, temperature, compressibility
- Consideration of the influence of the response time of flow meters
Practical aspects of flow calibration
- Calibration methodology
- Calibration methods for liquid and gas flowmeters
Volumetric, gravimetric, master method, critical nozzles, high pressure gas calibration….
- Uncertainty of measurement, traceability to national Standard
- Calibration of gas flowmeters for hydrogen refueling stations
Day 1: Morning and afternoon seminar
Day 2: Morning seminar, afternoon Oktoberfest
Day 3: Morning guided tour through the calibration laboratory, discussion
For further information please take a look at our seminar flyer.